Tuesday 26 March 2013

Mathilde Blouse

I have to admit, I rarely sew for myself. Most of my time is trying out patterns for students to sew, sewing for the kids, making presents and sometimes I sew for myself. 
I decided that I wanted to try a new blouse pattern out and decided to try out the much acclaimed Mathilde blouse by the very talented Tilly of Tilly and the Buttons fame. The instant downloadable pattern was a hit from the get go. An easy to use, very well explained pattern with (and I LOVE this) picture tutorial on her website covering all aspects of the making. 
This is the way forward...and a very big plus to buying from this independent pattern designer. 
And my handiwork in pictures below. 


Lace detail on the front bodice




I did scootch the neckline down 1.5" from the original pattern to suit myself better and take in the sides as I always seem to fall in between sizes! I added the lace to the front bodice and sleeves cause that's just how I roll :) 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is so pretty! I love what you've done with the lace. So pleased you enjoyed using the pattern.

    ReplyDelete